Rental Shop Technician
Department: Guest Services
Position Type:Seasonal, Part Time and Full Time
Hours of Work: Variable, midweek days, weekends, evenings, holidays
Term: End of October to End of March
As a Rental Shop Technician, you are a skilled and reliable technician, who can help us maintain our large fleet of rental skis and snowboards and take responsibility for ensuring that each ski and snowboard we work on is maintained to our standards. On the soft-skills side, you will be as good with people as you are with your hands. You are personable and exhibit the confidence to provide sound advice and quality service to serve our customers to help maximize their enjoyment. As a technician, you will become a crucial part of our team.
During the season, you will be responsible for all things ski and board repair-related – this includes:
- Diagnosing, evaluating, and generating solutions to tuning needs and situations
- Tuning and repairing skis and snowboards
- Fitting / setting up bindings, boots snowboards
- Waxing (for all snow and temperature conditions) and sharpening edges
Before the winter arrives and after when the snow starts to melt, we have other tasks to complete to get us ready for the winter season and to get ready for the next season.
- Dust off and complete spring and fall maintenance on rental fleet
- Inspect and diagnose requirements for repairs to guests dropping their equipment off for our 2 for 1 special
- Unpack new equipment and remove the equipment that is being replaced from the inventory
- Help get ready and work the Annual Ski Swap at Snow Valley •
- Perform inventory control functions to ensure we maintain a minimum level of service parts
- Maintain shop for cleanliness and health and safety standards
- Assist with the training of the new staff and help onboard with in-season hires
What do we need from you?
Quality of work and focus on service and customer satisfaction are priorities for this position. Your past experience working in a Ski Shop Tech role will give you the confidence to provide advice and problem-solve equipment maintenance and repair needs.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator with a positive team-player attitude
- Reliable, responsible, committed, and driven are words you will use to describe yourself
- You are mechanically inclined and remain current with product lines, trends, and new technology
- POS experience would be considered an asset.
We need people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, can multitask & prioritize, follow through thoroughly on tasks with little supervision, and has a high standard of quality in all that they do.
This is a service role so you must be willing and able to work days, weekends, and some evenings, during the season. Our Full-Time technicians average 38 to 44 hours per week and our Part Time technicians 10 to 30 hours per week, with some extra time required during holiday breaks