Guest Services Manager
Department: Guest Services
Position Type: Seasonal Full Time
Dates: September to April
Reports to: Snow Valley Management
Salary Range: $20.00-$25.00 commensurate with experience
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for managing On-Site Ticketing, Rental and Repair Shop, and Boutique. The primary function is to supervise, motivate, and coach the Ticketing, Rental & Repair and Boutique staff at Snow Valley
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be organized with time management skills.
- Computer proficiency in POS systems, Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Be self-motivated, positive, results oriented, detailed, accurate
- Able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Able to take direction and implement tasks efficiently
- Experience in ski/resort industry, hospitality or event planning preferred
- Intermediate ski/board ability preferred
- Exhibits Snow Valley’s service philosophy: Customer Service is our Focus, serving internal and external customers!
- A team player willing to assist wherever necessary, comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Snow Valley products, amenities, and pricing
- Be confident with managing guest expectations and seamlessly ensuring satisfactory service recovery.
- Accountable for daily maintenance of equipment, supplies and amenities for all Guest Service areas.
- Manage Boutique inventory, receiving shipments of retail and rental items, forecasting and ordering rental equipment (skis, bindings, boots, snowboards, and helmets).
- Adhere to all company policies, values; be a proponent and ambassador of Snow Valley
- Oversee and, when necessary, handle sales transactions for tickets, rentals, and Boutique items; manage a cash float, balance, and reconcile daily sales, balance safes, complete daily reporting and be familiar with and responsible for opening/closing all Guest Service locations.
- Supervise, motivate, coach, and recognize performance amongst the guest service team. Address, manage and document performance shortfalls as they happen.
- Develop training and product knowledge seminars in conjunction with suppliers for Guest Services staff.
- Train and lead front line staff to ensure day-to-day operation and ongoing coaching and development are geared to deliver on Snow Valley’s service philosophy, safety, and guest experience.
- Track sales using POS database, forecast purchases for future season inventory
- Participate in trade shows, consumer shows, networking events and aid with group coordination on site as required.
- Regularly meet with Snow Valley Management Team to review weekly activities, progress on goals.
Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager or senior management team.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, viewing a computer monitor. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice-covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Must be able to drive a vehicle in winter and high traffic conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour