Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury requires a Ski Patrol Leader
Reporting Location: Adanac Ski Hill
Contract Part Time Position (Funded Position)
Estimated Probable Duration: December 4, 2021 to March 20, 2022 (Weather Permitting)
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly (Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Ski Patrol Leader. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $16.80 to $19.66 per hour.
Main Function: Co-ordinate the delivery of Ski patrol services at Adanac / Lively Ski Hill.
Duties: Under the general direction of the Recreation Co-ordinator and the day-to-day direction of the Ski Hill Program Supervisor.
1. Provide leadership, schedule and direct the Canadian Ski Patrol workers located at Adanac /Lively Ski Hill.
2. Assist with the recruitment, supervision and training, of volunteer ski hill patrollers.
3. Ensure ski patrollers are following required safety practices established by the Canadian Ski Patrol Association.
4. Ensure all appropriate equipment and supplies are available for use by the ski patrollers.
5. Ensure the accurate completion and filing of all necessary forms, including accident and incident reports, related to ski patrol duties.
6. Act as Lead Patrol; liaise with the Canadian Ski Patrol on behalf of CGS.
7. Co-ordinate the retrieval of CGS equipment (e.g. stretcher) from the hospital, as required.
8. Communicate with Adanac / Lively Ski Hill staff on all ski hill business related to ski patrol services.
9. Communicate and encourage safe skiing and snowboarding practices to all Adanac / Lively Ski Hill patrons.
10. Liaise with CGS Ski Hill Employees and Emergency Services Staff as required.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current Canadian Ski Patroller certification.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of service with the Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Competent snowboarder or skier as required by the Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Canadian Ski Patrol best practices and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to schedule staff.
- Maintain effective relations with internal and external contacts under challenging circumstances.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice. For more information, please visit our website at www.greatersudbury.ca/jobs.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 4:30 PM by:
e-mail to: [email protected] or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-824) on your resume.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.