Going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then you might just be the next member of our Team!
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and has been in operation since 1969. The team at Sasquatch Mountain Resort (SMR) is passionate about both snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door by delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole
new way at Sasquatch Mountain.
Reporting to the Director of Operations – Berezan Hospitality Group, the General Manager will be the head of our leadership team primarily responsible for executing our strategic plan. This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort has huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
• Collaborate in the creation, implementation and communication of the strategic growth plan.
• Oversee day to day operations, maintaining sales goals, ensuring consistent high customer service, future planning and strategies utilizing performance metrics, budgets, sales and marketing.
• Coach; training and developing all your staff to ensure health and safety standards are met, as well as developing your leadership bench strength.
• Ensure the success of the resort by drawing new customers as well as retaining our current customers.
• Develop off-season activities and events that will help SMR achieve its goal in becoming a year- round destination of choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
• Coordinating the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
• Ensuring overall delivery and quality of SMR’s offerings to guests with the highest standards.
• Ensuring compliance to the OH&S program.
• Overseeing key hiring and talent development programs in an effort to move the business forward.
• Evaluating and deciding upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
• Developing and mentoring team members to increase engagement resulting in an increase in annual return rates, “Creating Memorable Experiences” for our guests.
Does this sound like you?
• Results oriented, dedicated and enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, leading, empowering, mentoring, and being directly accountable for the overall success of the team.
• A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person, who is always looking for new and better ways to do things.
• Confident, outgoing, positive, and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
• A great leader with a high likability factor and thrives building new relationships. Minimum of 10 years of experience with managing projects and people.
• Flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment.
• Steps up under pressure and maintains a positive outlook despite challenges.
• A coach, leader, and mentor by nature. You take pride in the growth and development of the people around you, and lead by example.
• A wealth of Ski Industry knowledge and experience.
• Prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ to achieve phenomenal results.
• Completed secondary school; post-secondary education in business management or a related field considered an asset.
• Extensive experience with all Mountain Operations, including HD equipment, Lift Operations, Grooming, Marketing and Guest Services.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Savvy contract negotiator and the ability to resolve conflict.
• Seasoned in developing plans and budgets.
Then we want to talk to you more about this amazing opportunity to be a leader on our high performing team!
• Annual Wage: Commensurate to experience
• Bonus paid out annually based on mutually agreed upon targets
• Group Benefit Plan
• Group Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) 8% employer contribution of base salary, based on employee contribution of 5%
We would like to sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Sasquatch Mountain Resort; however, due to a high level of interest, we will only be in touch with candidates selected for interviews. Resume with Cover Letter can be submitted to [email protected]