REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
POSITION: Snowmaking Supervisor and Operations
Reporting to the Operations Manager, will be hands-on and will be responsible for all aspects of Snowmaking in the winter season Duties also involve assisting in other areas of the Operations and other department as required.
As a key member of the Operations team, you will work cohesively with the team and will assist other areas as needed. You will also be highly motivated, self-starter and solution oriented.
This role is 40 hours per week with flexibility to accommodate the needs of the business. During the ski season (December to mid-April), more hours may be required and the schedule will be based on weather and the ability to make snow. This will include working days, evenings and nights when optimal temperatures provide for the best snow making. This will include 12 hour shifts and working holidays and weekends. In the summer season the schedule will primarily be 38 hours per week. Schedules can be changed based on the needs of the business.
You will be a member of the Health and Safety Committee and attend scheduled meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to)
- Responsible to set up and operate Snowmaking guns and hoses in a safe and proper manner while producing high quality snow through the use of air/water equipment.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, training and coordinating work for the Snowmaking team.
- Work cohesively with the Grooming team moving guns at regular intervals to maintain optimum efficiency of guns, systems and trail coverage.
- Manage and operate various high-pressure air/water equipment systems in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Must remain alert to changing weather conditions such as temperature, wind, etc.
- Responsible for completing Snowmaking systems logs timely and accurately.
- Return defective or frozen snow equipment to shop for repair or thawing. Tag out/lockout as required.
- Responsible on a regular basis and perform any basic maintenance and repairs on all snowmaking equipment to include above and below ground.
- Operate various types of motorized equipment on and off the hill (snowmobiles and utility vehicles).
- Responsible for completing daily circle check logs when operating Club equipment, e.g. snowmobiles, utility vehicles, etc.
- Communicate any unsafe, unusual or hazardous/abnormal conditions to the Hill Marshall, Operations Manager and the HR and H&S Manager.
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Terrain Park, Hill Marshall, and Lift Operations.
- Responsible for Permit submissions e.g. Black Ash Creek
- Always be aware of the safety of members, guests, snowmaking team members and other employees.
- Responsible to carry a 2-way radio at all times.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Operations Manager.
- Assist and work closely with other team members with the annual budgeting maintenance projects where/when required. Includes all departments.
- Assist in the completion of all aspects of Club maintenance when required…grounds keeping, painting, repairing, equipment maintenance, trails, etc.
- Responsible for planning and completing the green season maintenance and inspection jobs to ensure that the snowmaking equipment is ready for the upcoming winter season.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager in the winter to ensure the Snowmaking plan for each day is being executed.
- Operate snowmobiles, trucks and ATVs as necessary.
- Work closely with other members of the Operations team as required.
- High School diploma or vocational training
- 2-5 years minimum of work experience with Snowmaking equipment experience
- Snowmaking automation experience would be an asset
- 1-3 years in a manager/leader role
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with a clean abstract
- Familiar with using PCL and VFD’s
- Ability to operate heavy equipment would be an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and must be physically fit and be able to perform in physically demanding activities
- Must be comfortable working from heights e.g. ladders on roofs
- Flexible, adaptable and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Possess professional maturity and impeccable integrity
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- You have a commitment to Osler Bluff Ski Club’s values and vision
- Must be able to work alone without direct supervision
- Must be able to work in all types of weather e.g., cold, ice, snow, heat, rain, wind
Osler Bluff Ski Club values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Club and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
We welcome all resumes. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.