POSITION: Operations and Ski Lift Mechanic
REPORTING TO: Manager, Hill Operations
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
Osler Bluff Ski Club has an amazing opportunity for someone who is interested in working with a great Ski Lift Mechanic team and supporting the launch of our new strategic plan! It is an exciting time for the Club as we continue our journey in becoming the region’s premier 4 season Club while ensuring Winter is always first.
This role will be a salaried position with a salary range of $75,000 – $95,000 which will ensure consistent pay all year round. Signing bonus is also available.
Osler Bluff Ski Club has a strong commitment to our core values and ethics. We strive for our staff to have a work/life balance year-round and offer great benefit after three months of service which consist of medical and dental, enhanced mental wellness program, allowances, Club matching Pension Plan, 3 weeks of paid vacation to start and 2 Personal/Diversity Days just to name a few!
Reporting to the Manager, Hill Operations, this role will be hands-on and will be responsible for all aspects of ski lift maintenance and operations.
As a key member of the Operations team, you will work cohesively with the team and will assist other areas as needed. You will also be highly motivated, team player who is a self-starter and is solution oriented.
This role is 40 hours per week with flexibility to accommodate the needs of the business. During the ski season (December to mid-April), the schedule will be flexible based on the Club’s Operating Calendar. This will include working holidays and weekends. In the summer season the schedule will primarily be 40 hours per week. Schedules can be changed based on the needs of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain relationships with Club staff.
- Ensure all lifts are maintained to CSA Z98 Standards, and manufacturer recommendations.
- Work closely with the Operations, Lift Mechanic Lead with ski lift operations.
- Support the opening and closing inspections of lifts and daily operations when required.
- Assist in emergency situations including lift evacuations.
- Report, communicate and rectify any unsafe situations.
- Responsible for completing daily circle check logs when operating Club equipment, e.g. snowmobiles, utility vehicles, etc.
- Responsible for the safe operations of snowmobiles, trucks and side-by-sides as necessary.
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Hill Marshall, and Lift Operations as required.
- Always be aware of the safety of members, guests, and other employees.
- Assist and work closely with other team members with annual budgeting, maintenance projects where/when required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Manager, Hill Operations or the Operations, Lift Mechanic Lead.
- SML-B or SLM-A is required
- High School diploma or vocational training would be an asset
- Comfortable working at heights
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with a clean abstract is required
- Ability to operate snowmobiles and ATV’s in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate heavy equipment would be an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be physically fit and be able to perform in physically demanding activities
- Flexible, adaptable and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Possess professional maturity and impeccable integrity
- You have a commitment to Osler Bluff Ski Club’s values and vision
- Must be able to work alone without direct supervision when necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- Must be able to work in all types of weather e.g., cold, ice, snow, heat, rain, wind
Osler Bluff Ski Club values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Club and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
We welcome all resumes. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.