POSITION: Operations and Ski Lift Mechanic Lead
REPORTING TO: Manager, Hill Operations
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
Osler Bluff Ski Club has an amazing opportunity for someone who is interested in leading a Ski Lift Mechanic team and supporting the launch of our new strategic plan! It is an exciting time for the Club as we continue our journey in becoming the region’s premier 4 season Club while ensuring Winter is always first.
This role will be a salaried position with a salary range of $85,000 – $100,000 which will ensure consistent pay all year round. Signing bonus is also available.
Osler Bluff Ski Club has a strong commitment to our core values and ethics. We strive for our staff to have a work/life balance year-round and offer great benefit after three months of service which consist of medical and dental, enhanced mental wellness
program, allowances, Club matching Pension Plan, 3 weeks of paid vacation to start and 2
Personal/Diversity Days just to name a few!
A unique opportunity to join the dynamic team at the Osler Bluff Ski Club – committed to the enhancement of our member and guest experience. Reporting to the Manager, Hill Operations, this role will be hands-on and will be responsible for all aspects of ski lift maintenance and operations. This role is responsible for the day-to-day lift maintenance and safety while leading a team, co- ordination of work and repairs.
As a key member of the Operations team, you will work cohesively with the team and will assist other areas as needed. You will also be a highly motivated, self-starter who is solution oriented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Effectively coach and mentor a team, proactively support employee involvement and development, counsel employees on performance and support the performance review process.
– Build and maintain relationships with other Club staff.
– Ensure all lifts are maintained to CSA Z98 standard, and manufacturer recommendations.
– Work closely with the Manager, Hill Operations to plan and coordinate day to day
activities for yourself and the team such as lift inspections, maintenance, and audits.
– Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the team.
– Oversee assignments, special projects and maintenance functions.
– Support the opening and closing inspections of lifts and daily operations as required.
– Assist in emergency situations including lift evacuations.
– Report, communicate and rectify any unsafe situations.
– Responsible for completing daily circle check logs when operating Club equipment, e.g. snowmobiles, utility vehicles, etc.
– Assist and work closely with other team members with annual budgeting, maintenance projects where/when required.
– Responsible for managing and keeping records as appropriate.
– Responsible for maintaining all Health & Safety aspects.
– Work closely with and assist other departments as required.
– Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Manager, Hill Operations.
– Post-Secondary education; in related field would be an asset
– SML-B or SLM-A is required
– Minimum of 3 years of management/leadership experience
– Comfortable to work at heights
– Valid Driver’s License is required
– Ability to operate snowmobiles and ATV’s in a safe and responsible manner
– Ability to operate heavy equipment would be an asset
– Must be physically fit and be able to perform in physically demanding activities with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
– Must be able to work in all types of weather e.g., cold, ice, snow, heat, rain, wind
– Flexible, adaptable and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
– Must be able to work alone without direct supervision when necessary
– Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
– Possess professional maturity, impeccable integrity and be a strong team player
– You have a commitment to Osler Bluff Ski Club’s values and vision
Osler Bluff Ski Club values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Club and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
We welcome all resumes. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at k[email protected]. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.