Department: Lift Maintenance
Job Title: Lift Mechanic Assistant
Type of Contract: Contract, Seasonal
Work Location: Glen Eden – 5234 Kelso Road, Milton, ON, L9E 0C6
Posting Start Date: October 11, 2023
Posting End Date: December 29, 2023
Estimated position Start Date: October 25, 2023
Anticipated Number of positions being hired: 1 FT and 1 PT
Keys Needed for Position (list areas and/or key codes): FD
Alarm Codes Needed for Position (list areas/buildings): Workshop, chalets, pumphouse
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Support with repairs and maintenance on evacuation drives, lift installations, mechanized equipment, and vehicles including groomers
- Assist with ensuring lifts are maintained to code, TSSA standards and manufacturer’s recommendations
- Help facilitate opening and closing inspections of lifts and attractions
- Support troubleshooting processes related to lifts and other equipment (determining when a lift needs to be suspended or shut down, while ensuring minimal downtime where possible)
- Provide support in various emergency situations
- Assist with other area maintenance activities such as: snowmaking, grooming, winter maintenance and general repairs
- Act as Day Manager during the winter season at Glen Eden, assisting customers and staff with inquiries
- Work in accordance with the Conservation Halton’s Safety Policies & Procedures and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all other related manuals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in equipment operation, lift operations, grooming, or snowmaking
- Knowledge of TSSA Regulations is considered an asset
- Technical aptitude including knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems, basic vehicle repairs is considered an asset
- A working knowledge of pressure vessel codes is considered an asset
- Ability to follow and organize work plans
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- A valid Ontario Drivers Licence, minimum Class “G”, with a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract is required
- Successful candidates must provide own CSA approved safety footwear prior to first day of employment. Partial reimbursement provided in accordance with the Safety Workwear policy.
- Successful candidate will be required to complete training on snowmobiles, tractors, and other equipment (previous experience considered an asset)
- Successful candidates must provide own safety approved helmet prior to first day of employment. Partial reimbursement provided in accordance with the Safety Workwear policy.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification considered an asset
- Ability to climb and work at heights reaching 50 feet and work well in a variety of outdoor conditions
- Successful candidate will be required to complete Working at Heights Training (with Fall Arrest) or have existing Working at Heights Training
- Starting at $26.51 per hour
- Part time and full-time hours available; hours may vary depending on availability
- The position’s expected start date is 2023-10-25
- You will work in an inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that provides flexible work arrangements and places tremendous value on professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks and Glen Eden Ski & Snowboard Centre
- Discounts on Conservation Halton/Glen Eden services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Diversity and Inclusion – We endeavor to understand, accept and appreciate the value of our differences and encourage authenticity.
Learning and Innovation – We embrace the need for continuous improvement, the opportunity to learn from others and the benefits of sharing knowledge.
Person-Centered Service – We make people a priority through customer-centred engagement, predictive problem-solving and high-quality service.
Collaboration – We seek out and trust in the skills, expertise and experience of others in order to achieve our common ambition.
Sustainability – We consider the environmental impact of everything we do and always keep future generations in mind when making decisions.
Integrity – We make decisions with accountability, transparency and a strong sense of personal responsibility for our choices and actions.
Resilience – We are positive and proud of our ability to quickly and effectively respond to change.
Please visit the link to apply online and have your resume ready to complete your application: Click to apply https://www.cognitoforms.com/CH106/LiftMechanicAssistant
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. To discuss accommodations, please contact [email protected].
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.