|Our Vision: “Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area and Muskoka Ski Club provide a safe, fun Resort for our members, guests and our employees, bringing them back year after year.”|
General Manager – Muskoka Ski Club, Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area, Huntsville, Ontario
The Muskoka Ski Club is currently searching for a General Manager to provide oversight and leadership to the key areas of the Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area, offer guidance to the Board of Directors, and act as the key organizational representative.
Incorporated in 1971, the Muskoka Ski Club (MSC) is one of Ontario’s most established ski resorts and a hidden gem located at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area in Huntsville, Ontario. MSC is steeped in a tradition of providing families with exceptional ski experiences in a warm and family friendly atmosphere creating a lifetime of skiing and snowboarding memories.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area (HVHSA) operations on behalf of the members as represented by the Board of Directors.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Board of Directors on issues related to the operation of the hill, as well as, timely and relevant information as required.
- Develop and direct the implementation of HVHSA sales and marketing strategies.
- Oversee the development and implementation of departmental strategies to meet business strategy.
- Prepare budgets associated with Outdoor/Indoor Operation and carry overall responsibility for working within the approved budget
- Formulating and overseeing long-term capital asset plans.
- Oversee all health and safety activities for the hill ensuring all programs are in place and being adhered to, and all staff are appropriately trained.
- Responsible for all indoor and outdoor pre and post season maintenance of ski hill and equipment in collaboration with Outdoor Operations Manager.
- Develop corporate business plan and direct plans to attain strategic business objectives.
- Direct managers in the development of department operating and long-range plans to attain strategic business objectives.
- Deliver a consistent and high level of members and customer satisfaction through the operations of HVHSA.
- Staff the Management Team as appropriate for the needs of the organization
- Establish and support open lines of communication between all levels of employees including management and staff.
- Provide effective leadership at the Club and within the community.
- Provide support and guidance to management staff in carrying out their duties and in their personal development.
- Direct efforts to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities (continued)
- Monitor organizational effectiveness and implement change where required.
- Develop a human resource plan and staff training plan including succession plan.
- Establish and maintain relations with key individuals within the industry both organizational bodies and other ski areas to ensure HVHSA is aware of industry trends and issues, safety concerns and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Communication: the ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels and in any environment in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and seasonal environment and exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail; ensures accuracy and completeness of work.
- Planning and organizing: the ability to prioritize and plan multiple activities and meet objectives within established timelines.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Ski Resort Management or related field or equivalent experiences.
- CSIA or CASI certification may be considered an asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid and Working at Heights certifications would be considered an asset. Customer service experience a must.
- Proven ability to lead, organize and motivate staff.
- Ability to ski/snowboard an asset.
Terms of Reference
- Full-Time Year-Round Position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials.
- Work weekends and holidays throughout the winter.
- Extended hours as required.
- Performance review after 90days and annual written performance review in May.
Please forward all resumes to the Hiring Committee, attention of Club President, Chantelle Armstrong via email to [email protected].
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Muskoka Ski Club welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those applicants who are chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thanks to all Applicants.