The Ontario Snow Resorts Association (OSRA) has actively promoted environmental best practices to its membership since 2003 through the creation of the OSRA Environmental Best Practices Task Force and its collaboration with My Sustainable Canada (no longer in operation) on a number of initiatives. This Task Force provided a forum on issues related to environmental sustainability, where ski resort operators could exchange information on best practices and work collaboratively with one another and with other partners to prevent pollution locally and regionally. Ski resorts across Ontario continue to promote sustainable environmental practices in their operations.
- Environmental Best Practices Manual
- Engine Idling Reduction Program for Snow Resorts
- Engine Idling Reduction Program for Snow Resorts (Final Report)
- Rutty & Andrey 2014, Weather Forecast Use for Winter Recreation
- Rutty et al. 2015, Geography of Skier Adaptation to adverse conditions in the Ontario ski market
- Rutty et al. 2015, Behavioural adaptation of skiers to climatic variability and change in Ontario, Canada