Craigleith Ski Club is seeking a full-time, year-round Ski Lift Mechanic Technician.
We are a private ski club situated in the picturesque communities of Collingwood and The Blue Mountains, along the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay. Founded in 1958, Craigleith is a warm, vibrant community that embraces its staff and members, creating a home away from home on the hills and in the lodges. Our team is comprised of committed individuals who are passionate about excellence and delivering an exceptional membership experience.
Craigleith operates and maintains a network of 6 lifts, including 3 detachable lifts, two fixed grip lifts, and one conveyor. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and willing to work outside
in all types of weather conditions, day or night. Lift mechanics install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot lift equipment as well as assist lift operations with daily start-up and shut down of the lifts. You will also be involved with the Lift Operations Team and other duties as required. You must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends, including holidays.
• As part of a team, you perform pre-start inspections of all lifts and give Lift Operators a safe-to-start command.
• Assist Lift Operators in performing safe start-up procedures.
• Assist in maintaining a safe environment for both employees and guests.
• Assist lift staff as needed during peak hours and special events/occurrences.
• Responsible for maintaining all lifts to the highest standard and for complying with all
regulations from CSA Z98 Code, TSSA Codes, and Manufacturer’s standards.
• Responsible for maintaining lifts following manufacturer’s procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all lifts during daily operations.
• Take part and be active in all aspects of Health and Safety.
• Be able to assist with all aspects of club operations and maintenance, including special events, snowmaking, grooming, snow removal and emergency situations.
Skills, Qualities & Attributes
• Able to work at high locations
• ATV, snowmobile and construction machine experience
• Work at Heights, Elevated Work Platform, First Aid certificate
• Ability to work long hours in all weather conditions
• Ability to distinguish colours for wire troubleshooting and installation
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• Strong work ethic and ability to complete tasks on time
• Works well under pressure and within time constraints
• Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and low voltage electrical problems
• Able to work independently and in team environments
• Able to work with contractors and other trades
• Able to adapt to changing conditions and requirements
Ontario TSSA SLM-A license preferred; SLM-B will be considered.
Send resumes to: [email protected]
Craigleith takes pride in being a local employer of choice and, as such, offers highly competitive wages. The rate of pay offered will be based on skills and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.