Lift Mechanic / Millwright
Full time, Year Round.
Crabbe Mountain, located 50km NW of Fredericton N.B., is recruiting to fill an open Lift Mechanic position. The lift mechanic carries out traditional lift maintenance, inspections and routine repairs on the resorts ski lifts. They also assist with the maintenance of all snowmaking & grooming equipment, and all resort vehicles and other rolling stock.
Crabbe Mountain operates and maintains a network of 3 lifts, including one fixed grip quad, one T-Bar, and one handle tow. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions, day or night, weekend and holidays.
- Responsible for maintaining all lifts to the highest standard and for complying with all regulations from CSA Z 98 Code, and Manufacturer’s standards.
- Responsible for maintaining all lift maintenance logs.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all lifts during daily operations.
- As part of a team, you perform pre-start inspections of all lifts and give Lift Operators a safe-to-start command.
- Maintain a safe environment for both employees and guests.
- Assist lift staff as needed during peak hours and special events/occurrences.
- Take part and be active in all aspects of Health and Safety.
- Be able to assist with all aspects of ski area operations and maintenance, including special events, snowmaking, grooming, snow removal and emergency situations.
• Certified Millwright, Ski Lift Mechanic, or depth of knowledge and experience in the field.
- Able to work at heights.
• Ability to work long hours in all weather conditions.
• Strong work ethic and ability to complete tasks on time.
• Works well under pressure and within time constraints.
• Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and low voltage electrical problems.
• Able to work independently and in team environments.
• Able to work with contractors and other trades.
• Able to adapt to changing conditions and requirements.
- Electrical experience an asset.
- Ability to operate snow groomer an asset.
- Snowmaking experience an asset.
- ATV / Snowmobile experience an asset.
Wage: $25 – $35/hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Send resumes to: [email protected]
Posted July 27th, 2023