Beaver Valley Ski Club is a private skiing and snowboarding club located in the Beaver Valley just outside of Kimberley, Ontario. At Beaver Valley, we take pride in what we do and value all our employees and volunteers. One of the greatest parts of the Beaver Valley experience is the opportunity to work in a beautiful location with others who share the same passion for the outdoors and the Club. We have fun, and enjoy the camaraderie with our fellow employees, Members, and their guests.
The Beaver Valley Ski Club is located on 300 acres of property, 100 skiable acres, with 5 chairlifts, 1 carpet, 4 snowcats and over 300 snow guns (30% fully automated) and a maintenance facility that was installed in 2006.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Outdoor Operations Manager. This role is full-time, permanent, and reports to the General Manager. The Employee will be responsible for the development and implementation of all outside operations and maintenance processes. The ability to coordinate and work with all departments to ensure the seamless operation of the Club is essential.
The Employee will also be responsible for the coordination and direction of employees and volunteers, effectively managing these individuals to meet the needs of the operations department. The Employee will be responsible for ensuring the continual development and motivation of the department staff.
The Employee is also expected to play an important role as part of the senior management team at BVSC.
A generous compensation package is being offered, including benefits, RRSP and an annual clothing/tool allowance.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum designation from either a certified trade organization, and/or a certified lift mechanic designation from Ontario Technical Standards & Safety Authority Standards.
• An effective communicator with above average organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a group environment.
• The ability to deal with any situation at any time with a positive outcome for all involved.
• Extensive knowledge of the Snow Sport Industry.
• The ability to maintain focus while multi-tasking within a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Techno Alpin ATASS preferable but not required.
Some duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• To oversee all Club outside operations and maintenance activities including but not limited to snowmaking, lift operations, grooming operations, trail crew, maintenance operations, and terrain park operations.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an annual operations and maintenance plan as well as the budget focused to ensure the plans success.
• To assist as required with capital project planning, budgeting, and execution.
• To ensure all lift operations comply with Ontario Technical Standards & Safety Authority standards and permits.
• To work with other managers to coordinate the water taking permit record keeping, reporting as per Ontario Ministry of Environment obligations, as well as to monitor and manage the health of water ways traveling through the Clubs property.
• To ensure all maintenance operations are managed and comply with the regulations and guidelines outlined by all governing regulatory bodies.
• Focused on employee management including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, payroll, enforcing
Club policies & guidelines, offering supportive reviews, and dealing with disciplinary issues.
To Apply: Contact Erika Wright at erika[email protected]