Beaver Valley Ski Club is a private skiing and snowboarding club located in the Beaver Valley just outside of Kimberley Ontario. It features some of the steepest runs and most diverse terrain in the region. The Club has 28 trails, including a dedicated boarder/ski cross course, national level mogul and slopestyle runs, glade skiing and a steep, groomed ski bowl. Beaver Valley Ski Club won Alpine Ontario’s Race Club of the Year in 2018 and hosts multiple Provincial level and Southern Ontario race events annually. We currently have over 250 young athletes participating in our race programs and that number continues to grow.
At Beaver Valley, we take pride in what we do and value all our employees and volunteers. One of the greatest parts of the Beaver Valley experience is the opportunity to work in a beautiful location with others who share the same passion for the outdoors and the Club. We have fun, and enjoy the camaraderie with our fellow employees, Members, and their guests.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head Coach to lead our competitive ski racing programs. Reporting to the Director of Alpine Programs, the Head Race Coach is responsible for the execution of entry level (U8) to high performance (Ocup) ski racing programs that meets and exceeds the needs of Beaver Valley members and guest athletes. Programming will include pre-season, off-season, holiday, and weekend programs. In addition, the Head Race Coach will be responsible for the continued/further development of existing and new race coaches.
Full-time, seasonal (September – April) and will provide a very competitive compensation package,
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead: provide strong leadership and direction for the race program; establishing goals and strategies for the
program’s success utilizing current trends, techniques, and advancements in the industry.
• Recruit: qualified coaches, provide ongoing training and mentorship ensuring coaches are aligned with the
program’s goals and standards.
• Oversee: the development and performance of athletes in the program by working closely with team coaches ensuring appropriate training, skill development, and competition opportunities.
• Communicate: and maintain open and effective communication channels with athletes, parents, and coaches fostering positive relationships and a supportive environment.
• Commit: to comply with safety standards and protocols for racing environments, educating coaches on safety practices and risk management.
• Collaborate: with stakeholders building relationships, establishing partnerships, and seeking opportunities for collaboration.
• Foster: a positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and personal growth helping athletes and coaches thrive.
• Evaluate: the effectiveness of training methods, strategies, and program performance regularly, adjusting as needed to enhance program performance and outcomes.
• Manage: coach schedules, equipment inventory, and maintenance needs.
• Previous Racing Experience required
• Minimum 5 years of previous experience as a ski coach preferably in a leadership role
• Minimum DL Certified Advanced, PL Trained or higher (preferred)
• Coach Evaluator – Evaluator (preferred)
• Valid drivers’ license
• Valid vulnerable police background check
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to design and implement effective training programs tailored to individual needs.
• Knowledge of sports science principles and methods for improving athletic performance.
• Ability to assess and analyze coaches’ skills and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Organizational and time management skills to coordinate training, competitions, and travel arrangements.
• Availability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel with the team as needed.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume (including NCCP#) to [email protected]