The ASSQ is a non-profit organization founded in 1979. It was created at the instigation of the owners of ski resorts in Quebec to defend the interests of the industry with the government, but also to promote skiing. It is financed mainly by the sale of the Ski Passe-Partout, the Passe-Provinciale as well as a membership fee. 75 ski areas are represented by the association.
Represent and defend the interests of member resorts, promote the practice of alpine skiing, improve the quality of the product as well as the performance of the resorts.
The Association des stations de ski defines itself as an organization bringing together and representing ski resorts in Quebec. To this end, the corporation pursues the following objectives:
- Bring together the owners of ski resorts, under the aegis of the same non-profit association;
- Promote the interests of ski resorts and adopt any measures deemed favorable to their operation;
- Solicit, promote and obtain from any legislative, municipal or other authority, any law, decree, ordinance, statute, franchise or concession likely to benefit the Association or be useful to it. Fight any proposal or request that could directly or indirectly harm it;
- Foster understanding and harmony between ski resorts and their suppliers and promote their common interests by organizing exhibitions and other activities;
- Support a newsletter;
- Delegate representatives to organizations where interrelation can be useful and favored;
- Upon request, inform and lead its members on all matters of common interest through technical or other support;
- Provide its members with services of all kinds and in relation to the goals of the corporation. Receive and solicit donations, legacies and other contributions of the same nature in money, in real estate value; administer such donation, legacy, contribution and organize subscription campaigns; acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise and own, operate the movable and immovable property necessary for the above purposes.